Friday, March 21, 2003

I think I'm beginning to add a new level (or dimension, if you will) to this site. A lot of the people that visit this site do so primarily because they want to see if something new has been written. They just want something short to read during the course of the day. I cater to the short attention span, and have done so since I began writing in my high school's newspaper.

For the last couple of days, I've managed to go on my own site, curious as to what I've written. Sometimes when I drink, I become expressive and this is my primary outlet for expressing myself. So, when I log on to my site after a night of drinking, I read with some interest what I've written. Look at the log below. Take the first line. There's no explanation as to why I'm in pain, just that those who can't stand me can take comfort in knowing that I am. I mean, this is all crap that I'd never even discuss sober. I'm leaving it here almost as a science experiment on display. Look at the geeky references to Star Wars. I automatically assumed that the reader may not understand Roman numerals, so I throw in some condecension, perhaps to feel better about myself. The radio station incident is not something I would have even bothered with. I'm not the only "Gooch" in the world. Who knows? Let's see... Aggression to a faceless foe... self deprecation... an attempt at appearing that I have self esteem... credit to the drinks I had that evening... a plug for my auctions... and an almost non sequitur referring back to the radio show call-in issue. That log has everything! It's even prefaced and appended with the word "fuck." It's almost like bad poetry.

Some people play hard to get. I play hard to want.

I did run into Nic from DFiVE9 who informed me that tickets for their April 5th show are almost sold out.

Gooch: Falling down the Twelve Steps since 11/02.

No comments: