Tuesday, March 19, 2002

I know there's been a lot of rumor and speculation, so in the interest of the general public, I'll finally make the announcement that you've been waiting for.

At 11:47am on Friday 15, I purchased an SUV. A Ford Escape.

The biggest question now is "where's the Goochmobile." I still own the Goochmobile and it is still the Goochmobile.

I dig the Ford, though. I've owned a couple of Fords. I wrote about one... click HERE for another classic Gooch: The Column.

My new rig is a V6. Actually, it's a V12 that I special ordered. Six of the cylinders simply funnel raw gas onto the street. I love wasting gas (to my Canadian friends, I love wasting petro). In my new truck, I spend a lot of time just driving around, eating high cholesterol foods, trying not to spill beer on myself, and trying to run over as many cats as possible.

Damn, I love being an American.

No comments: