Friday, July 27, 2001

Ahhh. Slow day at work. What could make my day even better than a beer and fish and chips for luch?

Off! To the Cheerful Tortoise I go. I sit outsite in the perfect 73 degree weather with nothing obstructing my access to today's (absofuckinglutely awful) Oregonian, my food, and my Coors Light. Perfect day. Oh, wait! There's an old couple backing their van and bike trailer into my car. Sweet! SLAM!

"Oh, I didn't see it!" the lady exclaims.

God damn it. During the course of the information exchange, she asks me if they are, in fact, in Portland, Oregon. Great-- Colorado tourists with no sense of direction and an expired insurance card backed into me.

Her pussy husband waited in the car.

So, I got back to my booth. All I wanted to do is eat a decent meal--uninterrupted. Can't have that! Nope, I'm better off staying in the climate controlled confines of my magnificient office.

The outside world sucks.

gooch

No comments: