Tuesday, August 07, 2001

I just saw an ad from Gateway computers advertising a computer system with bundled accessories that are geared toward those interested in downloading music. I just saw it, so I didn't take notes or anything, but the pitch-man did say (and I quote) "...so you can take your downloaded music wherever you go." You can bet a million dollars that Gateway PCs isn't selling CDs. I'm not knocking Gateway (who did preface the ad with a disclaimer asking people to obey copyright laws), hell-I'm downloading about eight songs right now off of audiogalaxy. In fact, I'm watching MTV during a strange block of time where they are showing "Spanking New" videos. While I watch, I see a song I like, then I download it off of Audio Galaxy. This DSL is going to pay for itself, goddammit. Peep my Hot or Not rating below. That's right, I'm a piece of ass.

No comments: