Tuesday, September 04, 2001

In my never ending battle with my weight, I've switched from the low carb diet regimen to a diet that most everyone will be able to follow. In a format similar to Dr. Atkins and Drs. Hellerman, I've created "Gooch's Carbohydrate, Fat, and Twinkie Addicts Diet." The basis of my diet regimen is that the dieter eats as much fat and sugar as they want, but cuts out the nutrients. I blame the US obesity problem on too many nutrients in the American diet.

As I write this log, I'm eating a ham-and-cheese hot-pocket. For dessert, I'll pour individual sugar packets directly into my mouth. For breakfast, I had a bowl of sugar with a few bran flakes sprinkled on top.

The "carbohydrate addict" concept is humorous to me as it conjures up images of sugar junkies walking into convenience stores and taking sugar packets at gunpoint. I think of carb addicts walking up and down MLK selling their asses for a sugar fix. I was once found passed out in the back seat of my car--my face coated in Hershey's chocolate. I'm a carbohydrate addict.

--gooch.

No comments: