Tuesday, June 17, 2003

I was informed today that my really good friends' dog has gone missing. It's hard to talk in past-tense about a dog that could be still alive, or about a dog that you really, really hope is still alive, so I'll stick with the present tense. Odin is a good dog. Odin wants attention, like all dogs, but when he's told "no" he (often) obeys. He's good with his "little sister," baby Kara-Lee. One of the coolest things I've seen a dog do (besides play poker in that painting) is when Odin carefully positions a rubber ball on the top step of the patio stairs, and races down the steps in time to catch the ball as it rolls off the side of the steps. Effectively, he was playing fetch by himself as I looked on while drinking a Bud Light (the drink of choice at his owners' house). Odin is a much cared for, much loved dog... truly a member of its family, and I hope he returns home safely.

No comments: