Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Holy shit.

It's been 35 hours since my last cigarette. Over the last two months I managed to acheive a pack-a-day habit of smoking Marlboros. "Marlboro red... in the box."

Since I've had a cold, smoking hasn't appealed to me outside the need to curb my withdrawl symptoms. So, I had a cigarette after a job Monday night and gave the rest of my pack to my Girlfriend.

At the 24 hour mark, symptoms of my cold and symptoms of a severe nic-fit were taking over. My girlfriend, premenstrual, was also chemically imbalanced and tired from dealing with a three-year-old all day. Because of the volatility of the situation and my need to wake up early this morning, I lovingly opted to stay at my own place by myself for the first time in months.

I woke up in my own crib at 4am. Bored as fuck. Television wouldn't cut it. Radio wouldn't cut it. I completed some website work. Schuck's auto is open 24 hours, why can't Fry's? I need parts for today's job and I'm likely going to get fucked and Circuit Shitty or some punk operation like that. $30 for a Cat-5 segment? Lick my balls. I had to get out of the house this morning. McDonald's opens at 6am. I was the first in line. It's funny; I was one of five cars in the parking lot, waiting for the doors to unlock. No one else wanted to be the first in line. I walk in, place my order, turn around and there's five people behind me. Sociology is a motherfucker. I'm not tired, but it's early and I'm on cold meds.

Quitting smoking sucks. Just this morning I've started to smell things I didn't smell before. My condo smells. My car smells. I need to buy Lysol or start smoking again.

Working security at Skyland Pub this weekend. Should be cool to get with that group again.

No comments: