Monday, September 05, 2005

Just got back from a rafting trip. I was reminded of my mortality when in the first set of rapids I was thrown from my raft and into an eddy where I tumbled under water for some 15-20 seconds. Death comes unexpectedly and in run-on sentences. The 25 people in the rafting party saw me go under and my paddle float away, which looks really fucking ominous. I made it out and soaked up the sympathy from the female rafters in the party.

Three nights and three days I drank more beer than I have in a long time. Seventy-five per cent of my caloric intake was from Coors Light. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. This morning I woke up in my jeans, soaked in urine, in my friend JNAU's sleeping bag.

Fuck. No one else in the camp party (except for JNAU) knew about it, but I share it with you.

I'm single now. Old School. I'm revamping this site. I almost killed it - shut down the seerver for good. It has jumped the shark. At what point do you think it jumped?

*Gooch graduates from college.
*Jam Magazine folds.
*Gooch appears on Jim Spagg's cable access show. Twice.
*Gooch and Cheryl break up.
*Gooch removes angry drunken post against Cheryl from the blog.
*Gooch loses his job.
*Gooch appears in daytime commercials recruiting deprssion study subjects.
*Gooch gets together with Meggan.
*Gooch breaks up with Meggan.
*Gooch gets back together with Meggan.
*Gooch removes posted picture of himself in a hot tub with a 20. year-old with whom he had sex because it hurt Meggan's feelings.


There's so much more that I have to do. I'm single again. For the first time in two years I'm happy. Not the kind of happy that comes from shotgunning a beer or waking up to a not-so-ugly chick. I do get drunk but I laugh myself to sleep instead of having panic attacks or wondering who I threw a fucking pool cue at the night before. I can make out with random chicks and not get emotionally attached. My only decision tonight is where Marty and I are going to get cocktails. Tomorrow: no alarm clock; just like every other day. Some people may judge, say I'm too old to live like this. Some say I should be more ambitious. Some people might even try to organize an intervention. These people may also want to bounce my balls on their tongue for a solid five minutes.

It's happy hour somewhere right now. I'm happy and I'm out.

GOOCH:out.

No comments: