Thursday, April 16, 2009

The Curious Case of Benjamin Gooch

I don't like advice columnists. I find them arrogant, self serving (ironically), and I truly believe that they write their own letters to answer to set themselves up for an easy column. When I wrote for the Vanguard, I fucking know that the "advice" columnist there wrote her own questions to answer. The stupidest most common sense requests for advice to a college paper answered patronizingly by a thursday night dollar drink bar slut? Take that shit and Fuck off.

That said, I read some advice today that I think I need to take to heart. I honestly think that I'm going to read it again and gleen from it some life changing words of advice. I mean, I'm going through these situations right now, in a sense. Good stuff.

Carolyn Hax Advice Column, 4/15/09

No comments: