Monday, May 17, 2010

The Day the Laughter Died

I've sort of hit a bad patch. It's sort of a mixed blessing, but nonetheless whatthefuck-worthy. In some sort of Kafka-esque transformation, I've lost the ability to drink.

It started earlier this week as I tried to sip some tequila before dinner at a friend's. Within an hour of my first sip, I was finding creative ways to pour my tequila into my two friends' glasses (I'll be damned if I'm going to waste Patron).

The deterrent/obstacle to my inebriation is some sort of tension headache brought on after about two drinks' worth of booze is consumed. I can sip a beer over the course of a sporting event, but gone are the days of my normal consumption, it would seem. At least for now.

I'm also drinking about a gallon of water a day due to an unquenchable thirst. Some people have suggested that diabetes might be lingering. I argue, of course, that just because a dude is fat and drinks a lot of water and urinates a lot does not mean he might have diabetes.

It, of course, damn well could mean that. But whatever.

Anyways, knowing that alcohol makes up a good 85% of my personality, it's going to be interesting to go through the weekend with any measurable lucidity. How will I explain it to people? I haven't thought of anything interesting or dare I say 'funny' in two weeks. I blame this on my birthday somehow.

Anyways.

No comments: