Wednesday, September 25, 2002

It's so... kickass.

I'm a big fan of old video games and embrace any efforts to bring the classic gaming experience to my PC. Remember Star Wars, the 1983 video game with the vector graphics and the digital voices based on the 1977 movie? Did you ever see a similarly styled game for Empire Strikes Back? I did... once. It was at the Pietro's on 122nd and Stark in Portland (there no longer). I never got to play it. I learned later that the ESB game was actually a special kit installed in existing Star Wars games. This was done in 1985 during the slump in the video game industry and not a lot of these kits were installed. I only saw the game a second time when I downloaded the emulator ROM. Thanks to the emulator (and an old analog joystick that YMike dropped off some time ago), I was able to play the Empire Strikes Back video game. Click HERE for a great site with background on all Star Wars games.


SCREEN SHOTS FROM "EMPIRE STRIKES BACK" VIDEO GAME

No comments: