Wednesday, September 11, 2002


Probably some of the most moving radio/television programming on right now is the replaying of footage from September 11, 2001. I never cried in the aftermath of the event, but found myself tearing up while listening to the rebroadcast of the Howard Stern Show (broadcast from New York) from 9/11 this morning. The shock, the questions, the unknown, and the sheer horror of not knowing how many planes were going to dive from the sky.

I remember waking up on a sunny day. My girlfriend had just left for work, I grabbed a granola bar and headed back to bed to watch some television.

I turned on the TV and, like most men, didn't let the TV even warm up before turning the channels in rapid succession. I started to get a sickening feeling when all channels were showing the same scene... a building on fire. I stopped turning the channel just in time to see the second plane crash into one of the towers.

My blog was active during those times and I began writing about the attack (and other things, trying to keep some sense of normalcy). You can click on the Archives above and click on the date ranges on 9/11 and after, or your can click HERE for the compilation of those blogs.

MSNBC's "9/11 Remembered" < Good page for the day. Check out the "Facts After 9/11" on the left of the page.

No comments: