Sunday, May 11, 2003

I was working security at a bar tonight and we cut a guy off. He was the tall, quiet type. I'm guessing he plays Dungeons and Dragons on his weeknights. Anyway, he gets cut off and the first thing he does is go to another server and ask for a piece of paper. He then spends 20 minutes writing some drunken manifesto about how he shouldn't have been cut off and how other people should have been cut off first.

He wrote a letter. I watched him write it, edit it, proofread it. He just lingered at his table with a (complimentary) glass of water and wrote this thing out. As many times as I've been cut off and as much as I like to write, I've never pissed away bar time writing a sternly worded letter. I've simply driven to another bar. This guy made me think "this is what the Unabomber looks like at a bar."

Otherwise, an uneventful evening. I cracked open a Coors Light for an early morning snack, which I'm sipping right now. I'm thinking that I might watch some excerpts of Scarface as I drift off to sleep.

Happy Mother's Day.

No comments: