Sunday, November 09, 2003

November 2003 marks year four of the existence of this website. From it's humble beginnings as a blog (before the term "blog" existed) on some free web space (the original URL was http://www.teleport.com/~gooch) to having it's own domain name: gooch-1.com, to it's current status as a 117MB website residing on the goochonline.net server at URL http://www.goochonline.com, it's been a journey that has spanned three residences, two girlfriends, graduation from college, a home purchase, a hiring and a layoff, the rise and fall of Jam Magazine, appearances on cable access, 9-11, internet dating... and this run-on sentence (in no particular order). I've almost killed the site more than once. I think that would be mistake. It's been an anchor, a focal point for me. I've always felt a low pressure necessity to keep it running if only to give myself a journal with which to look back and reflect. I've taken the time to write thoughtful columns and blogs, and sometimes I write something and don't even bother with the spell check. As far as commitments go, however, this is as good as it gets with me.

Every now and then I put up a link to some "blogs" from the genesis of this site - before I used the blogger service. HERE IT IS.

With my personal and professional lives seemingly in a continuous state of change, this site has been one of the few reliable constants.

BLOG UPDATE: Here's the picture I referred to in the November 7 blog:

No comments: