Monday, June 28, 2004

My friend Mary-Suzanne commented on my saying that I "didn't want to be the guy with a laptop computer in a [hot-spot enabled] bar; that it'd look too dorky, by saying that she can sometimes be found in a bar downtown with two laptops (utilizing a friend's when she's in the bathroom) and a beer. I thought about it and also reflected on a girl I saw at a Starbucks with a webcam equipped iBook. That's sexy. I mean... even I could possibly come up with an opening line on a chick with a computer. Any girl that uses a laptop in public, has an iPod, or has to look in her PDA to see if she has time to see me is hot in my book.

I've ordered a Nextel phone to arrive hopefully tomorrow. They're GPS enabled which will allow me to punch in an address and verbally give me street by street and turn by turn instructions to get me to the destination. I can also walkie-talkie a few of my friends, which will be helpful the next time I "need backup."

I think the fallout from my Wednesday night fiasco has started to subside. I have one more apology to make and I'll be good.

Goochonline.com: Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Crappiness.

No comments: