Thursday, September 30, 2004

WVLT VOLUNTEER TV Knoxville, TN: Watered Down Whiskey Prompting Outrage Among Jack Daniels Fans

This is outrageous. Knocking the proof of the traditional black label Jack from 86 proof to 80 proof. Read the story... there's a quote from the editor of Modern Drunkard Magazine. Sweet.

I drink Jack Daniels black label. It's the staple of my alcoholic diet. "Jack and diet" is pretty much all I order when I go out. It's the one constant in my turbulent life. Why fuck with it? Jack Daniels whiskey has been 86 proof since Tibetan Monks started producing it in the early 1600s. Four-hundred-years later the distillery in Tennessee is messing with the traditional recipe? Why subtract six-proof when that six-proof may be the only thing between me and a toaster in the bathtub?

Links:
Jack Daniels Official Website
Modern Drunkard Magazine.


CLICK ABOVE FOR STORY (WITH FACTS AND STUFF) AND FOR A LINK TO A PETITION.

No comments: