Sunday, April 23, 2006

Thanks to everyone who came out to Montego's last night; it was a lot of fun filled with drinking, strippers, and even some drama at the end. A perfect night, indeed. I was driven to two different bars to find where I left my car.

A friend and I drove by the Oregon Employment office today on my way to retreive my car. It's odd that it's called the Employment office since no one who passes through those doors actually has a job. The thought occured to me, though: What happens if you work for the Employment office and get fired or laid off? It's the ultimate irony. You'd get canned and walk over to the next cubicle to turn in your forms. And if your unemployment claim gets denied, who do you appeal to?

"Your request to appeal your denial of unemployment insurance has been denied."
"I'd like to appeal..."
"Denied."
"Can I ap..."
"Denied."
"I'd like to appe..."
"Denied."

Talk about the fox and the henhouse.

Eh, funny shit.

goochout.

No comments: