Thursday, November 30, 2006

Judge Marilyn Milian from "The People's Court"

I love watching Court Shows. I've been watching court shows since I was in grade school with Wapner and The People's Court. People's Court paved the way for an entire genre of court-reality shows. The latest judge on People's Court is Marilyn Milian who I like but loves to make a big, big fucking deal of the fact that she's hispanic and looks for any given opportunity to speak spanish on her show. I mean, hoop earrings and salsa dancing? Living la vida stereotype. You could make a drinking game of Milian's People's Court by taking a shot every time she speaks spanish, overly anunciates a latino name, says the word "latino," etc. We get it, Milian, you're from Florida.

My favorite show on today is Judge Judy because there is nothing more comforting to me, I mean nothing more comforting than a little jewish lady eloquently telling white trash that they are, in fact, white trash.

Something that I've noticed over the years of watching many different court shows is that whenever there's a white judge, there's a black bailiff. Black judge? White bailiff. Joe Brown, Texas Justice (fucking awful), Divorce Court, People's Court, Judge Mills Lane, etc... Only Wapner and his trusty sidekick Rusty (still on Animal Planet, I think with their combined age of 312) buck this trend.

Speaking of syndicated television... According to Jim just came on. This show is classified as a sit-com but it should be labeled as science fiction because in no way on this natural Earth would a chick like Courtney Thorne-Smith (to whom I jerked off regularly when Revenge of the Nerds 3 was on cable in 1987) ever fuck (or marry) someone like Jim Belushi. Don't get me started on "King of Queens." I've had sex with hot chicks but trust me, there was alchohol involved almost every time. At the very least, alcohol.

No comments: