Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Picking up where Gregster left off:

From his website:

I'm in Seattle. I'm the only one in the office. I'm on the phone with our service guy in Roseburg and we're trying to upgrade the phone system. It's not working. It's 8:30. I want to go home. I'm sick.

I'm not going into work tomorrow.

And that's where I come in. I'll fill in for him in his employer's Portland office, where he normally resides. I am not an employee, but effectively have a desk next to him as we solve computer problems and eat sushi. He's the big picture guy and I'm the ad-hoc desktop support. It's like Batman and Robin without the underlying gay theme.

Except for the sushi. That is kind of gay.

Poor fucker. He's sick and I drank all of his DayQuil that he stashes at his desk. I suggest we switch to NyQuil and try to fight the fatigue while we interact with the end-users. Okay, maybe on casual Friday.

****
I woke up late for the gym this morning but I did go in for tanning and to weigh myself. A weighing that says I've lost officially 14 pounds in a little over a month (unofficially 20), acheiving my first goal. I guess crying yourself to sleep every night does burn calories.

****
Harvey Levin (the fucking man) on out of control celebrities
****
Every Christmas season there's some incident with a neglectful parent and a toddler. Here's this season's holiday treat:

Police: Mom takes dog, leaves kid in car at mall

gooch:out

No comments: