Thursday, January 25, 2007

I was at a sushi restaurant with Greg and at a booth near us there was a woman asking for an "ingredient list" or "a menu that shows everything and what's in it." She explained to the hostess, to whom english wasn't a first language, that she "can't eat anything raw." At one point, later on, her friends had to explain that the shrimp was cooked because otherwise it would be gray and not pink.

What a pain in the ass. I fucking hate people that have dietary issues and therefore need to bombard some $8/hour waitress with questions about the minute details of her employer's menu.

"Now... are these tortillas gluten free?"
"How many carbs are in these sweet rolls?"
"Does this pad thai have peanuts in it... because I'm allergic."

Then there's the really fucking fat people making a big deal about how they're on a "restricted diet" and may need to "speak with the manager" regarding certain menu items to ensure that they're okay to eat.

Unfuckingreal.

I eat a lot of sushi, I just determined. When I go to heaven there will be a table. At that table will be a box set of South Park, a sushi carousel, and a bottle of Jack Daniels.

goochout.

No comments: