Monday, December 15, 2008

At the Goochonline Annex


View from my office window.

Down the hall from a tattoo parlor and across the street from a 7-11. It's my Batcave. It's my Fortress of Solitude. It's my Neverland Ranch. It's fucking freezing.

I don't know how radiators work. I think this building has the last working radiator system in the north west United States. I think it's working, it's less cold in here then in the hallway. I can only tell because my testicles reside in my chest in the hall and only in my gut in the office.

If you haven't been keeping up, Portland, Oregon has been swept up in a snow/ice storm. I didn't leave the condo yesterday. I had to leave this morning. An office for whom I work part time said to stay home, so I'm capitalizing on the free time by getting stuff done at my office. I have three machines here in different stages of completion - all of them are overdue.

My only source of entertainment while working in the office is my Sirius radio and the Howard Stern show. I bought some ramen noodle bowls from the 7-11 and used the hot water from my water cooler to prepare it. This is as far into "roughing it" as I care to endure. I'm not a good campter. I have two computers catering to my every whim and I feel like I'm one of the pioneers. I'm truly a pussy. I did find a full bottle of DayQuil, which I've used to maintain a sorta legal buzz during my work here. I pretty much have mouthwash and DayQuil stashed throughout the city. Gregster can attest to my DayQuil stash, as I have a bottle stashed within 10 feet of his desk.
And God bless it: My 4x4 Ford Escape is not into starting smoothly in the cold. It does start and once its warmed up it runs fine. It has nearly 160,000 miles. I bought it with 26,000 miles. Keep in mind that 160,000 miles on an American vehicle is like 800,000 miles on a Japanese car. You just don't see it. Especially on a Ford.

You'll notice that I completed another Podcast. If you've listened to the Audioblogs that I've posted on this site, the Podcast would seem redundant. I have a couple of ideas for a full on podcast that's scripted and, well, funny. I'll have to do that on my next snow day. I need to break out my phone and interview some more strippers. That was good podcasting.
Back to the progress bars.
Goochout.
Bababooey.


1 comment:

picturegirl503 said...

I'm sorry I added to your overdue work load......