Friday, May 15, 2009

Problem solved:

You ask me "Which came first, the chicken or the egg" and I'll ask you "which one was the top and which one was the bottom?"

And there's another tweet that didn't make it.

I'm fucking fascinated by this flight 3407 crash in Buffalo. It happened a few months ago but I read the transcript of the cabin banter and it really humanized the situation; I no longer felt the distance that one normally does from a news event.

The captain had supplemented his income at one point by working at a grocery store and the co pilot was a 24 year old who made $23/hour in the air. The pilot failed a bunch of flying related tests and failed to report this on his application for employment. She was on very little sleep as she'd just flew in from Washington State to New York to get to work.

Holy Shit. I wouldn't want to road trip with them, much less have them fly a plane.

Here's a morbid site, but sort of interesting:

http://www.planecrashinfo.com/lastwords.htm

No comments: