Thursday, October 18, 2001

Yesterday, I wrote about my thoughts on Michael Jackson. The bigwigs in the entertainment industry have taken note of my rants and are treating Jacko the way he should be treated: Click Here for the story.

Today, my Mother called me to let me know that she was alright. I hadn't seen the national news, but she informed me that the Red Cross (Brooklyn Branch, in which she's stationed) was evacuated due to a strange white powder found in the building's cafeteria.

A hazardous materials (HAZ-MAT) team was called in for cleanup and testing, but didn't arrive fast enough as New Yorker Darryl Strawberry quickly arrived at the scene and snorted the mysterious substance. Mom didn't get his autograph.

Needless to say, Mom's living situation is volatile, to put it mildly. Between lockdowns in her hotel room, bomb threats at the courthouse across the street, white powder in the lunch room, and packs of cigarettes that cost up to $6.00 a pack, she's stressed out. She's contemplating NY's widely available (and cheaper-than-nicotine) crack cocaine, which won't calm her nerves, but will make her the most productive member of the Red Cross.

Love you, Mom.

No comments: