Tuesday, August 31, 2004

The MTV Video Music Awards:

Not an impressive event. The presenters' scripts have historically been too scripted and awkward. This year's was no different. Dave Chappelle, the funniest man alive, came off as unfunny... as though he didn't have a script and just ad-libbed during the time alotted. The final song performed by Outkast's Andre 3000, "Hey Ya" was almost sung in protest with the singer's hand in his pocket and prefacing the song with "for the millionth time..." Anyway, MTV sucks. They killed the radio star, they've killed the video star, and they've killed awards shows. MTV is like a cancer. Fuck them. MTV2 is airing shows now instead of videos during parts of the day. Soon we're going to have to wait for MTV3 to see videos again.

At 8pm last night I was driving to Winnco, contemplating shopping with the last of my cash and going to sleep early. Suddenly, my Nextel beeped and before I knew it I was on my way to the Budweiser bar owner appreciation party with my friends Marty and Rob.

To Barracuda's we went. Once inside, I soaked up the atmosphere and a whole lot of complimentary low-carb Bacardi coolers (wild cherry flavor). I acheived that euphoric moment where I'm walking by myself, drink in hand, and everything is is slow motion. I've got a shit-eating grin on my face and nothing is wrong in the world. It's an experience that can likely only be attributed to a raging alcohol problem, but fuck it.

Swimming time. Gooch:OUT

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What can I say other than the fact I am DISAPPOINTED!
I was anticipating this huge bashing of the VMA's because you had said in your previous blog you had some "comments developing".... frankly I think you're losing your edge! Gimme comments damnit!

Damn I think it's Xanax time for me!

E - OUT!

Anonymous said...

What can I say other than the fact I am DISAPPOINTED!
I was anticipating this huge bashing of the VMA's because you had said in your previous blog you had some "comments developing".... frankly I think you're losing your edge! Gimme comments damnit!

Damn I think it's Xanax time for me!

E - OUT!