Monday, December 13, 2004

So I officiated the YMike/Jenna wedding on December 11. I got ordained on the internet and performed the ceremony. It was an absolute honor. Scary as hell, but once it was done I truly felt like I was part of something amazing. I thought that planning a bachelor party was the pinnacle of marriage ceremony bliss; this tops it for sure. I'm happy for Mike and Jenna and their families and, again, honored to have been a part of this event.

It's ironic that the wedding occured on the anniversary of my divorced parents' marriage and that I myself can't sustain a relationship to save my life... despite the fact that I just brought two people into a state of matrimony. Oh well... I'll figure this stuff out eventually. My latest reconciliation is looking like a crash-and-burn. At least I was given the opportunity to work through issues I had and maybe allow myself to have a healthy relationship someday. I've spent a lot of time being "the other guy" for several different girls. It's an okay scenario when you just want to get laid, otherwise it's painful. It's fitting for me but shallowness was only meant to be temporary.

Everyone that told me that my latest relationship endeavor was a bad idea should know that I appreciate their concern, but I had to figure stuff out on my own... and this is the best way to do it. No matter the outcome, I'm happier. Notice the self control that I've displayed for almost two weeks. No benders. I feel like I have a super-power; like I'm Moderation Man! I'm tired.

Moderation Man:OUT

Ymike's (The groom) Xanga Site

No comments: