Friday, September 23, 2005

I mentioned to a random stranger with whom I was playing pool that I need to watch what I drink because I don't eat after 7pm, so I get sorta drunk quickly when I start to drink at, say 10pm. He, weighing about 135 pounds, stated that he wished he had a "good metabolism" like me because he'd been trying to gain weight since he was 16. Jesus... the grass is always greener on the other side. I think society puts too much into physical attractiveness as the tie that binds people into a relationship. I mean, everyone in a relationship knows that their significant other can likely meet and date someone else. Even someone more attractive than you are (in some sort of arbitrary social construction sort of way). Yet some relationships last simply through love. Sickness and in health... thickness and in health. My relationship with Cheryl consisted of the two of us losing and gaining weight, but not at the same time. We went on Atkins: I was skinny, she was heavier. We went on Weight Watchers: I balooned, she lost a lot of weight. Our relationship was like King of Queens: Fat bastard Kevin James and Piece of Ass Leah Remini (or, any CBS sitcom for that matter). She was pretty awesome, though. Guys way better looking than me hit on her at clubs and she rejected their advances fully. I had confidence in her, I never stressed about it.

Sometimes, it doesn't work that way. It's probably why I don't want to date girls who work in bars anymore: 6 hours in an environment where drunk guys are constantly hitting on you. No thanks, I can't take the disrespect from other guys towards me... whether I imagine it or not.

So now, I'm single (for a month now). Clean slate. I've asked only two girls for their phone number (and got them both). Both of them I verified that they didn't pour drinks, serve drinks, or were even someone I saw in the bar all that often. I have nothing against that crowd, but it's not a relationship environment that works well for me.

I don't date hardly at all, so decent places like Ruth's Chris are in the future. In the past I dated everyone that would go out with me. Now, I'm somewhat selective. In the interim, my friend is dating a girl with a lot of hot friends, so I platonically wing-man for them. It's a lot of fun and it's amazing how much fun you can have with a girl when you talk to her and don't just try to screw her on your friend's couch. Or on your couch. Or in your Ford Escape. Or... anyway.

Well, Girls Gone Wild infomercial is on... it's the best thing on at 5:20am.

Gooch:OUT

No comments: