Monday, October 02, 2006

Foley Enters Rehab


The White House and Democratic leaders in Congress are calling for a criminal probe into former U.S. Rep. Mark Foley's sexually suggestive electronic messages to teenage boys working as pages in the House of Representatives.Foley, of Florida, said Monday that he has checked himself into a rehabilitation facility and is undergoing treatment for alcoholism."The events that led to my resignation have crystalized recognition of my longstanding significant alcohol and emotional difficulties," Foley said in a faxed message WPBF. (PDF: Fax To WPBF)"I strongly believe that I am an alcoholic and have accepted the need for immediate treatment for alcoholism and related behavioral problems," Foley said. "On Saturday, with the loving support of my family and friends, I made arrangements to enter a renowned in-patient facility to address my disease and related.

I'm so fucking sick of people blaming booze for their fucking problems. What a chickenshit diversion to the fact that this asshole is a pedophile. "I got caught IMing a 16 year old boy so... I'd better get treated for alcoholism?" Where the fuck did this come from? And... it's embarrassing that the media even reports that he checked himself into rehab. If he drank, drove, hit a tree... then rehab might be a great spin. What's the next step, be on the cover of People saying "Sorry... I'm rehabbed now!"

Asshole.






No comments: