Friday, November 10, 2006

Went to an office party last night. Had Huber's Spanish coffees and Papa Haydn's desserts. Got drunk for the first time in a while. Still was in bed by 10pm. I work on technology for a living but when I get home I don't want to deal with stuff when I'm off the clock. Right now I have an electronic thermostat on some sort of schedule derived from what I have no idea. Reprogramming it with six unlabeled buttons is something I can't wrap my brain around. So it'll hit 80 degrees at 4am, who cares? I have a nice laptop but I choose this old IBM ThinkPad to browse the web, post blogs, etc. Sometimes it works, sometimes it geeks out, and some times it shuts off. It's like the Millenium Falcon of laptops. That's a Star Wars reference. Ed Bradley from 60 Minutes passed away yesterday. His last words were "Wait a minute... I'm gonna die before Mike Wallace? This is bullshit!" Then he went peacefully. I know what you're thinking and I have a response... fuck paragraphs. I got breakfast this morning and talked myself into eating only the salad and not the Ultimate Cheeseburger I purchased in a moment of weakness. It's sitting there staring at me from across the kitchen table. Do you know what it's like to be alone in your kitchen typing on a blog while a cheeseburger keeps saying things like "eat me... I'm not that many calories... it's okay... you're just big boned...?" Of course you don't. I shouldn't know what it's like, but welcome to my world. A world where food talks to you, I guess. You should hear what the bottles of liquor have to say. I'm in my pajamas and I'm contemplating working in this outfit: an old Element hoodie and Jack Daniels print pajama pants and flip flops all day. I don't even want to comb my hair. I have to leave the house eventually, dammit. Working at Montego's (strip club where I sometimes DJ) tonight - 157th and Division - with my friend Ryan (bartender). Check it out, yo. And bring your dollar bills. If you're wondering what mp3 player that Fergie (slutalicious) and Pussycat Dolls (slutsalicious) are shamelessly product placing in their videos, it's the Samsung K5. I'd love to know what the compensation was for that. Therei is nothing sacred in music anymore. Or television for that matter. I used to get sick of the product placements in shows like 90210 but they're creeping into everything. They're going to start putting commercials inside of other commercials. They're going to open a Starbucks in a Starbucks. I've gotta go do something productive. goochout.

No comments: