Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Snow day.

I'm sitting here at my kitchen table, typing this blog. It's snowing here in Troutucky. I'm cut off from the world entirely, except for the internet, my land line phone, my cell phone, and cable television. The snow has crept up to about five inches on my sliding glass door at my kitchen. Anyone with whom I've spoken today has either almost killed themselves or is ignoring the confusing and often changing school closures that local school systems are announcing and staying home.

I've taken my Christmas tree down. I've started to clean various rooms in the house. I'm very ADD when it comes to house cleaning. Start cleaning the living room and the phone rings upstairs so I run up there and I make the bed and take down the garbage from the bedroom then I have to take a leak so I see dirty towels in the bathroom so I grab those and I start a load of laundry and I go down to the kitchen because I remember there's socks down there so I grab them and then I decide to Google Tom Sizemore because I just saw the latest episode of his show which is kind of gay and then I start to write this blog but I remember that there's a load of laundry up stairs that I forgot to finish loading and start and then I go up there and start the laundry, empty the dryer into the bedroom and then I spot my barbell which I grab and take downstairs to do curls and shoulder presses and then I wonder about if I can take out the trash in flip flops which I do, but it's cold when your almost bare feet sink in the snow but I take out the trash and the recycling in two trips and then I sat down to finish this blog.

No comments: