Sunday, January 28, 2007

To answer Kelli's comment on the last blog. Where do I find these people? In bed. Where does Drunk Gooch find them? Who fucking knows.

Friday night I went out and had a couple of drinks. Two. For some reason, I got completely fucked up. I'm showing some constraint... even paying for and then passing a third drink to someone else... and I'm on the verge of blackout. People in my situation usually say later that "someone must have slipped something in my drink" but I don't think that happened.

So I drove two blocks to a friend's house as opposed to driving 12 blocks to my house. An act of responsibility in my eyes but in reality NOT a good idea. Then yesterday, one of my longtime friends who leads a really docile life and never does anything wrong informed me that he got a DUII a couple of weeks ago. I actually drove to see another friend from the same block where we grew up to inform him of this event and to ask him the following:

"Have you ever gotten a DUII?"
"Nope," he replied.

"Dammit, neither have I!" I exclaimed. Hence, the exclamation point. "I don't want to live in a world where you [my bartender friend] and I don't have a DUII but [other friend that did get a DUII] does."

So last night on a planned night of debauchery at a dance club, I had two Coors Lights over the course of four hours and drank the last one an hour before we left. Now I start a week of non drinking. I may have to leave the state.
















Me and my friends prior to going out. Notice two things on this picture: My hand is clearly on one of the largest fake breasts I've ever seen (and, I worked in a strip club). The other thing to point out is that I had to pixelate a girl's face because we can't have any pictures of us out there, no matter how platonic the situation, because. I mean, a girl dates me and she has to look like she's on COPS. Heh, living la vida gooch, indeed. Fuck, I still got a big, fat head.

goochout.

No comments: