Tuesday, October 02, 2007

What's up, Lee?

This morning, like a mad scientist, I worked and worked until I modified a router to act like one of those hotel/coffee shop wireless access points. I didn't do anything requiring much intelligence, except for googling the shit out of the project. I still have to check my security p's and q's before I unleash it to customers. When you attempt to access my wireless connection, you get this page: GATEWAY SPLASH PAGE.

This is fun, click HERE for a funny video.

In the last post, I noted that my remote control's batteries were dead. Turns out that wasn't the case. A red neon sign recently installed in my office was interfering with the infrared signal on the remote. That could have taken me minutes or weeks to figure out. Glad it was minutes.

gotta go to work.

goochout.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Remember when "security p's and q's" meant turning the keyboard lock key on the old IBM XT systems to keep people out of your computer? Them was the days...