Thursday, September 25, 2008

Good Morning, Suckas!

I'm on 4 hours sleep. Have a hellatious day ahead of me. Get to work with Gregster again, so that'll be fun.

I have nothing to write about. I saw some of the David Blaine show last night. In one segment, David Blaine visits families affected by hurricane Katrina (which kind of made the name of the 80s band "Katrina and the Waves" sort of prophetic, eh?). One family had a patriarch with tattoos on his face.

I think that in times of any type of economic climate, it's best not to do something that would inhibit your chances of getting a job (like tattooing the fuck out of your face). A few years ago, I met a black guy who was one of the nicest guys you could meet. Good looking, outgoing, etc. He did, however, have "Fuck The World" in big letters covering the right side of his neck. I didn't know his employment status, but I'd love to be a fly on the wall in one of his job interviews.

UPDATE: I just looked up David Blaine's "Dive of Death" - One of the most unimpressive things I've ever seen. Stunt men do what he did but from way, way higher up. This was supposed to be the "exclamation point" to his "hanging upside down for 60 hours" stunt (which he apparently took hourly breaks throughout, negating the medical effects and phenomenons that doctors were going to study(?)). What a horrible, horrible, waste of time.

Watch the video, listen to the boos and jeers at the end. "He didn't disappear, he's over there" and "Are you serious?" are my two favorites.



gooch:out

No comments: