Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tales from the Help Desk...


LiLo Lesbo. Nice.



"What's your password?" I asked, as I needed to log into a customer's QuickBooks file and she was off to a meeting.

"Um, well, it's sort of embarrassing" she stuttered. I assured her that I'd heard plenty of bad passwords during the course of my career. It was true, and it's usually women with the offending p-dubs: "mensuck," "fuckmen," and "hatemyjob" have been a few that I can recall.

She divulged her password to me: "cock."

"cock?" I asked, more so to clarify if there were any capitalizations, numbers, or other variations of, um, "cock."

"Nope, that's it." She explained, as though she felt she had to, that "Cocke" was her last name growing up and that she always hated it. During the Womens' Movement, she announced (jokingly) at a family dinner that she wanted to change her name to "Cunte."

"That didn't go over well at all," she recalled.

Later in life, she changed her name to her Mother's Father's name.

With all of the explanation she had given, I was sort of stuck on the fact that her name used to be "Cocke" and yet she's a lesbian. A real-life-honest flannel-wearing honest to goodness lesbian. Can you imagine having the last name of something you hate? That'd be like my last name somehow being "Sobriety," "Exercise," or "Nutrition."

******

Big day for me today. First haircut in a while, first massage in a while, and soccer tonight. I vegged out last night. Despite my declaration that I only drink wine at home by myself, I fired up the Margarita factory in my cocina and watched the second half of "No Country for Old Men" while simultaneously playing one-way-fetch with my cat and a miniature tennis ball.

Woke up refreshed this morning. Off to work. Looking forward to the weekend and getting my bird-on.

goochout

No comments: