Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Text Fail

Watched a customer leave a shop I work at, only to walk up to my car and snap a picture of my license plate (GOOCH-1). I tried to retire the plates, but screwed up the paperwork at the DMV. Now kids think I have the synonym for 'taint' on my plates. I bet I couldn't get those plates now if I tried. Which I wouldn't.

******

Don't have much to say. I've started to embrace television more. Sarah Silverman, Archer, Blue Mountain State are the funniest shows out right now. I'm also watching educational documentaries as well, to justify my sedentary habit.

John Gallucci 1993: Had Sega Genesis and television hooked up to a "Super Clapper" - Two claps for the television and three claps for the Sega. Controllers were strung to the bed so that I could play Mortal Kombat as soon as I woke up.

John Gallucci 2010: Harmony Remote controls lights in living room, hallway, and in bookshelf. Mortal Kombat vs. DC Comics resides in the PS3. Sleep on the couch more than in bed. Only once have I woke up, grabbed the controller and made playing a video game my first waking action.

[off in the distance, my Mother cries].

******

Transcript [paraphrased] of a text messaging string from last night:

5:00pm

ME: Happy hour at East Burn [restaurant/bar] at 6:15 with [friends]

HER: Nice. I'm exhausted, otherwise I'd join.

ME: Yeah... Just wanted to throw it out.

HER: Thanks! Say hi for me!

ME: Will do.

9:00pm

HER [drunk]: Trivia at the 'Stone [pub, 5 minutes from proposed happy hour] We need you pronto!

I went and we won something for playing trivia. I don't know what the etiquette is for telling someone you're too tired to go out and then calling them later to come out to a bar. Heh... my friends are nuts.

******

Happy Birthday, Gregster. Yesterday.


hppvjpiy

No comments: