Tuesday, November 09, 2010

In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is king...

...But in a 3D movie, the man with one eye is fucked.
 
I wrote that last bit a long time ago. I'm pretty sure I wrote it back when "twittering" meant etching things into small rocks and throwing them at people. However, I thought of it yesterday:
 
I was eating a sandwich while wiping barbecue sauce all over a USA Today. The USA Today that my Father, sitting next to me, had purchased only moments earlier. He hates it when I soil newsprint that he hasn't read yet. We share a newspaper at lunch because we both enjoy reading the news and avoiding conversation.
 
While reading, I came across a sentence so unnecessary and so stupid (it's big and bold at the bottom of the passage) that I broke the golden silence to share with Father. Now I share with you. Because I haven't done a lot of updates lately and this post can be a copy and paste rich environment.
 
Coming soon to a mall near you: 3-D glasses you can buy.

Manufacturer Oakley this week will release two pairs of 3-D glasses, in white and black, at $120 a pop. Marchon will follow with Calvin Klein 3-D glasses in December. Xpand's 3-D glasses are available for presale on Amazon.

"What we've invented gives a better experience," says Colin Baden, CEO of Oakley.

Marchon's Calvin Klein glasses are even more expensive, at $180 a pair. However, they double as photochromic sunglasses for inside or outside. (Real life will continue to be in 2-D, however.)

Real life is always in 3-D.
 
 
 
goochout

No comments: