Monday, November 08, 2010

It's Monday morning and the Rock Star isn't gonna pour itself...


Good Morning, my collective rays of sunshine.

I'm not a man of rituals. Hell, I'm barely a man. However, I've developed habit... patterns that I've started to notice.

I don't work nine to five. As I write this, I'm finishing up a computer from which I've exorcised the most ingrained of viral infections. Some people would have given up and simply backed up, formatted the hard drive and installed a fresh operating system installation. This, however, is my video game. Googling for solutions, trying out different tools, making notes of what works and what doesn't. I've got the final scan running on a machine at this very moment. If the scan comes up clean, my work is done. Damn, I could do this all day.

Oh yeah. I do.

Back to rituals. Monday mornings are about the same from week to week. I go out to dinner on Sunday, so Monday's breakfasts usually consist of leftovers. This morning's offering was a medley of Wu's Chinese (Sunday lunch) and El Sombrero Mexican (Sunday dinner). For a beverage: 16 oz. Rock Star energy drink out of the can. I like the Rock Star Recovery, a lemonade flavored product with a shit-ton full of caffeine.This morning I'm drinking the standard Rock Star sugar free. I really should not consume so much of the sugar free. Why I insist on putting chemicals as opposed to sugar into my system is a mystery, but I'm sure that diabetes can't come from aspartame. Or can it? I have no idea... I'm a doctor, not a computer tech.

Because I've shunned pay television in favor of internet delivered video, I don't have HBO or Showtime. My guilty pleasures (I call them that because if tried for media piracy, I'll be found guilty) consist of downloading Dexter and Boardwalk Empire, two shows I follow like a bon bon eating housewife watching All My Children. Or Oprah. Whatever the broads like. Because both shows air Sunday night, I wake up early Monday to download them and crawl back into bed. An app on my phone monitors the downloads remotely. Once they've downloaded, I watch each one from bed (except for today when I'm watching Boardwalk Empire on the left monitor while I type this on the right one).

Shit, it's getting late. The scan on the computer I'm working on finished. No viruses found. My work is done.

Time to go to work.

No comments: