Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Email from Adam Hubka, formerly of Dualesc:dude it's me the notorious h.u.b! what up man? dude i think you have it all wrong, the greatest rocky opponent was fuckin dolph lundren - ivan drago man!!! mr t didn't kill apollo, drago did! plus drago was like a million times more bad ass, he had that fight won against rocky, plus he took steroids and everyone knows that makes you a better athlete (ask bonds, giambi and those track people). hahaha

hey keep in touch g money, i got myself a little 'blog' too over at http://www.livejournal.com/users/saltbaste

later mang

Response from Gooch:Good take on Drago. Did you really think a fat WOP like me wouldn’t have taken that into consideration? I mean, I thought about that shit, as well as Tommy Gunn who assaulted my senses more than he did Balboa in that awful conclusion to V (Tommy Morrison, who played Tommy Gunn, has AIDS, by the way, so don’t fuck him). I just got a little creeped out by the cold war propaganda that IV pushed on the viewers. Quite frankly, I don’t think steroids were bad in 1985. I think steroids were an ingredient in fucking Wheaties in 1985. No one gave a shit then. Drago didn’t have any really good lines… put Clubber Lang and Ivan Drago side by side, line for line, and tell me which one was more fun to watch? Put Ivan Drago’s monotone “If he dies… he dies” to Clubber Lang inviting Rocky’s wife back to his apartment in front of the city of Philadelphia and “My prediction… Pain.” Drago did kill Apollo, but Lang did shove Mick, which ultimately set in motion his death. That and the lack of response by medical support (Rodney King would have gotten quicker medical attention).

Good to hear from you, HUB. I noticed you quoted the “Wear Sunscreen” song in your blog. It’s sweet and touching, but I did one in 2000 for my final column at Portland State. Check it out, yo:

The Xanax Speech

No comments: