Monday, December 04, 2006

For those that don't know, I am a contract employee. I used to feel like time not working was money flying out of my wallet. I turn to drinking during those times. Dulls the pain, it does.

The first thing I do in the morning is read the funny pages. I read everything else, but the comics come first. I think I'm going to start a crusade to get Family Circus out of the paper because there really isn't that much creativity in making up 4-year-old's misspeaks. Seriously, is the entire point of the joke, the big punchline, that Billy said "insistent" instead of "assistant?" That's it? Some guy makes millions of dollars sitting in a room writing shit like "Dolly says 'sammiches' instead of 'sandwiches.'" It'll be a riot! Not on my watch. I'm going to take action.

Tee hee, I'm a dick.

Last night I helped a friend get a Christmas tree, going through all of the things that I avoided by getting a fake tree this year. Picking out the tree; looking for bad spots or sides. Strapping the tree to the roof of the car; trying to look like you have a plan or strategy to secure the tree when you really, in fact, don't. Hauling the tree into the house; looking at the mess it makes from the door to the floor. Cutting off the bottom of the trunk and ultimately getting the tree into those godforsaken stands that expect you to secure an entire tree with finger knobs. In the end, it's a big, beautiful tree and I look forward to decorating it tonight.

I need to go to work. It feels like this is blog is costing me a fortune.

goochout

No comments: