Monday, August 04, 2008

Trip to The Dalles


View from the house I stayed in at The Dalles Friday night

Partied in The Dalles Friday night. It's a town about 90 miles east of Portland, OR. I don't know what "Dalles" are. I was there 24 hours and haven't seen any. I saw a lot of drunk people. I drank half a bottle of Cuervo (My friend Amanda drank the other half, I guess). I walked into a bar Friday and I guess they don't see too many new faces in town. It's like the town in Footloose. I was afraid someone was going to get a ticket for dancing. I remember a dance club with the temperature set at 52 degrees. What the fuck? Was everyone on ecstasy? I've never seen people on a dance floor in parkas.

Whoever took this picture was 7 feet tall, it would seem. I think this is after the first three shots of Cuervo. My glasses are still on, eyes are focused. Hair looks somewhat managed. Pictured with me is Michelle, a girl who used to live in my area and with whom I used to work at a bar in Trouttucky.


Here's me and Amanda. We were drinking Cuervo all night and its effects are evident in this photo. Note the one eye not fully opened, glasses gone, hair disheveled. I'd also painted my fingernail earlier with a french-manicure pen. This led to endless hours of enjoyment by myself and almost guaranteed someone in a cowboy hat would kick my ass.

No comments: