Saturday, November 08, 2008

That time of year... again.


gooch & q-ball, early 2008


Last night was the celebration of Ryan "Q-Ball" White's birthday. He's called "Q-Ball" because of his bald head. I knew him back when we were seven-year-olds, and we just called him a "prick" (pretty advanced language for seven-year-olds... heh.)

Ryan's birthday is one of those events where everyone from the old neighborhood gets together. We all see each other get older, balder, and fatter in one year increments. We all drink too much and talk about how we should get together more often, but never do. It's always a good time, however - even if it's once a year.

I had to bail out early so that I could get up this morning to go to work at a computer shop downtown. I stayed at a girl's house close to where I'd be working, but my drunken logic didn't take into account the need for a shower and to feed/care for the cat. So I've driven 40 miles (Tigard to Troutdale to downtown) before I started earning a paycheck this morning. My entire morning was planned some time around midnight last night by my vodka soaked penis.

I gave a toast last night for Ryan while we were at Montego's. Neither he or our friends heard it, but the seven strangers close to the DJ booth did, and they laughed. Thank God. Transcript available on request. Except for Ryan, because he should have heard it the first time.

That prick.

Heh, just like old times.

Happy Birthday, Ryan.

gooch:out.

No comments: