Saturday, June 08, 2002

From a blog around the middle of last year:

I did purchase a new computer this week, it should be delivered soon. It's an 866mhz 20 Gig, 128mb Jedi F*cking Knight John Holmes Pentium goddamned 3 (I didn't get a P4 only because I'm sick of those dancing adult-smurfs that Intel is using to sell it) tower. For a writer, that's pretty much all I need. Would you believe that I do all of my web stuff and band posters on a Compaq AMD 3 333mhz 32mb with a 3 Gig hard drive? It's true. I installed Photoshop and Illustrator and MS Office on that thing and it runs really slow now thanks to the 3mb of free space left on it.

But where are they now?

Compag Laptop has been retired from labor intensive duty and sits on my nightstand waiting to take entry of the nocturnal bursts of genius I often encounter. When I suffered some LAN problems a few weeks back, the laptop served as my only link to the Kazaa file sharing network.

Pentium 3 866: After a year long run as my sole workhorse, I've sold it to a good home. I learned a lot on that machine. I've done a lot of firsts with it. However, to compensate for my small penis, I've purchased a Pentium 4 1.7Ghz to sit alongside my server. Together, they will help me, um... fuck. Why'd I buy all this shit?

No comments: