Wednesday, June 05, 2002

Oh, yeah... I hit 10,000 hits yesterday. One small step for most websites, a giant leap for mine. My site used to be found at www.teleport.com/~gooch on server space that my Dad had left over from one of his ISP accounts. I used to have people ftp my pages because I didn't know how. The writing and building the infrastructure from where this and other sites are hosted has (and still is) a lot of fun and learning. I started this website in 1999 when the Portland State University Vanguard wouldn't publish some of my material because it wasn't cerebral enough. The format of the site really hasn't changed since then. I had "logs" back then that looked almost identical to the solution that Blogger.com has provided. Now, after the demise of Jam Magazine, this is my only avenue of publication for now. Thanks to Greg Moore for helping me through the technology roadblocks I've faced in the hosting realm.

I dig doing this site. Thanks for visiting.

Here's the current home of goochonline.net, where this website is hosted:

No comments: