Friday, August 22, 2003

I'm amused by the Best Buy, Office Max, Car Toys, and Lowe's (and others) commercials where the "sales associate" is really, really, overfuckingly helpful. The TV salespeople all follow the customers around, willing to help and they know everything about every product. I have never seen a group more apathetic than the salespeople at the aforementioned stores. The term "can't give a shit" never rang more true then when I've dealt with the employees at those stores.

Thanks to Nicky J. and the KNRK Street Team for the schwag bestowed upon me last night during my shift at Skyland Pub. Nick even pretended to remember me from my appearance with Perfect in Plastic on Gustav and Daria's show November 15th of last year.

Update your virus definitions every day. These are bad, bad times for computer users. We should think of ourselves as VERY fortunate that these latest viruses haven't been more malicious to our computers themselves. The Melissa virus physically damaged computers. Read my column about that HERE.

No comments: