Tuesday, August 19, 2003

P.S.

If you are getting emails that say "see the attached file for details" DON'T FUCKING DOUBLE-CLICK THE ATTACHMENT. It's a new worm that won't be caught unless you have the latest Symantec Antivirus definitions dated 8/19/2003 Rev. 3. I thought it was an old virus and I (in an effort to see which virus it was and because I've been couped up in bed and because I'm really, really, really fucking bored) did double click the attachment (this is before Symantec put anything about it on their site) and found it odd that my webserver and workstation didn't detect a virus. I manually updated my virus definitions and once I had the latest that Symantec had to offer, My AV software started going nuts. If you think you're infected, like I was, click the following link from SARC and run this puppy.

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FixSbigF.exe

Gooch: Disinfected and out.

No comments: