Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Steppin to the AM...

Ground Zero: In My Freezer

I came home last night to find the evidence of a small explosion in my freezer. I placed a Diet Pepsi in my freezer this morning in an effort to cool it down so that I could consume it on the way to work.

I of course forgot the can in the freezer and tonight, when I came home (cue 'psycho' theme) I found this:






The force of the explosion knocked the retaining bar out of its slot on the door and into the general freezer area. The can had become distended at the base prior to splitting straight down the side of the can, ultimately bursting. Frozen food packages and empty ice trays were blown around the perimeter. It was chaos inside the world of my freezer - if only for a split second.

We all remember 9/11, but I'll never forget 9/9... the largest attack on a domestic freezer. This time the terrorists did, in fact, win.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Favorite Cuz says: At least it appears that the Sambuca was left unharmed! Whew!

picturegirl503 said...

Strangely enough, that was the first thing I noticed as well. That the booze bottle was OK.